Start with clean, dry hair. Apply a small amount of product to your palms and work it through your hair from root to tip. Comb your hair back away from your face.
Use a fine-toothed comb to create a deep side part. Next, take 1-inch sections of hair and tousle them with your fingers for texture. Finally, use a strong-hold hairspray to keep everything in place.
- Start with clean, dry hair
- If your hair is on the oily side, start with a light dusting of dry shampoo at the roots
- Create a deep side part
- Use a comb to help you get a clean line
- Apply a small amount of pomade or wax to your fingers and work it into the tips of your hair, giving them a piece-y look
- Finish by tousling your hair with your fingers for some extra texture and hold
What are Some Tips for Styling Low-Taper Long Hair
There are many ways to style low-taper long hair. Here are some tips:
1. If you have straight hair, you can create a sleek and polished look by using flat iron or hot rollers. Start by applying a heat protectant to your hair and then use either the flat iron or hot rollers to smooth out your locks. You can also add a bit of shine serum to give your hair an extra boost of luster.
2. For curly or wavy hair, you can still achieve a sleek look by using a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer. Simply point the diffuser downwards while you blast your locks with low heat. This will help to tame any frizz and give your hair a nice, smooth finish.
3. If you want to add some volume to your low-taper long hair, try backcombing at the roots before styling as usual. This will help to give your hair some lift and body. Just be sure not to overdo it, as too much backcombing can lead to damage and breakage.
4. Another great way to style low-taper long hair is by creating loose waves or curls with a curling iron or wand. Simply wrap small sections of hair around the barrel of the curling iron and hold for a few seconds before releasing. For looser waves, wrap the section of hair around the barrel once and fire; for tighter curls, wrap it around 2-3 times before releasing.
Choosing the Right Products for Low-Taper Long Hair
Maintenance and Grooming: Keeping Your Modern Long Hair in Top Condition
Then, apply a small amount of product to your palms and distribute it evenly through your hair. Next, use a comb or your fingers to create a deep side part. Once your side part is in place, begin blow-drying your hair using a round brush.
Start at the roots and work your way down to the ends of your hair, curling the ends under as you go. If you want more curl definition, you can wrap small sections of hair around a curling iron. Finally, finish with a light misting of hairspray, and voila!
You’ve got an effortlessly chic low-taper hairstyle that will turn heads everywhere you go.